CNA, Plano, Texas
Brightside Institute in Plano, Tx, offers a professional nurse assistant program designed to prepare students to work in care facilities. We have 2 week accelerated courses and easy payment options. Read more about our program requirements, vision and values, and nurse assistant program. You can also view our schedule.
Nursing Assistant Program
The Nurse Assistant Program is designed to teach students the principles, concepts, and skills needed to learn the role of the nurse assistant in a long-term care facility. The course provides opportunities to perform safe nursing aide functions through a variety of faculty guided laboratory practice and simulations as well as off campus long-term adult care clinical (externship) experiences.
Once complete, you may test for Nurse Aide Certification (CNA)
At the completion of the program, the student will be able to:
1. Function as a nurse's assistant in a long-term care facility providing basic care (bath, skin care, ambulation,
range of motion exercises, activities of daily living etc.) and support to residents and their families.
2. Meet the psychosocial needs of residents with meaningful interpersonal relationships for both
residents and their families using proficient communication skills.
3. Work as a contributing member of the health care team affecting the quality of care for residents in a
long-term care facility.
4. Assist residents in maintaining their dignity, rights and independence as they adjust to the
psychological, physical, and economic changes of aging.
5. Provide residents an environment and treatment plan that is safe and free from harm.
6. Employ significant skills in reporting and recording residents' psychosocial and physical signs and
symptoms to the professional nurse in charge.
7. Demonstrate an appreciation and respect for the diversity and individual differences of each resident.
8. Take the State of Texas Nurse's Aide Examination for certification.
Employment for Certified Nurse Aides (CNA)
As a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) you will be able to work in a variety of healthcare settings under the supervision of a Registered or a Licensed Vocational Nurse. Some places that hire CNA's are:
- Nursing homes
- Long term care facilities
- Home health care agencies
After completing the nurse assistant training at Brightside Institute, will I be a certified CNA?
You will not be a certified nurse aide (CNA) until you pass your state exam. Brightside Institute will work with the state to set up your testing date for CNA.
What does the Bureau of Labor Statistics say about the Job Outlook for CNA's?
“Employment for CNA's will grow 19 percent, faster than the average for all occupations, predominantly in response to the long-term care needs of an increasing elderly population.”
CNA, nurse assistant program, care facilities, plano, texas, tx, frisco, mckinney, richardson, garland, dallas, cna, east plano, plano, nursing home, nursing, jobs